Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cruise 2011: Day 2 (Pajamajam Party)

Before I begin this blog, let me say, this was one of the best days EVER :)

We woke up early the next morning and ate our continental breakfast out on the balcony.  We were anchored in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean at Half Moon Cay.  Today was concert day.  I am the first to admit that when the itinerary came through and it said "Concert to be held on Half Moon Cay at 1:00 pm" I read it three times.  Was it possible these ass clowns were going to perform in the mid-day sun, heat, and humidity? On an island? While we STOOD and watched?  No fucking way.  Couldn't be possible.  Had to be a typo.  It just had to.  Who would be that masochistic to the fans they appear to adore so much? Sadly, it was true.

The three of us boarded the tender to Half Moon Cay equip with our foam fingers.  Mine, blaring I heart Donnie.  GF#1 couldn't decide so she hearted Joe on one side and Jordan on the other.  GF#2 fully supported Jon as being her Number One.  #2 insisted we do foam fingers while shopping for door decorating accoutrement at Michael's--- this would turn out later to be the best idea she's ever had in the 23 years I've known her.  My best idea ever?  Renting floaties for the day and watching the concert from the ocean.  ...which we did.  Foam fingers and all.

After cooking in the sun for HOURS we watched the concert. I was hoping Donnie would take his shirt off but remained satisfied with him, dressed all in white again, with his shirt unbuttoned.  Happiness.  The show was short--- I'm guessing half way through they also realized what a fucking stupid idea this was.  After the performance, we hopped a tender excited to shower and get ready for pajama night.  This was a big night for me and Donnie.  It was the season finale of Blue Bloods and the Lido Deck was going to broadcast it live.  GF#1 and #2 were amazing and sat waiting for 3 hours so I could have a good seat.  At least what I thought would be a good seat.

I was definitely ready for bed dressed in my Old Navy pajama pants and my Team Wahlberg t-shirt after sitting in the hot sun all day.  I needed a boost.  Turns out my old friend, Bahama Mama was there to help me out.  Before the show premiered I sucked down 2.5 of them.  I was feeling pretty good and ready to P-A-R-T-Y.  Woot!

At 10 pm, you could hear a pin drop in a crowd of 2500 people.  We were all focused on the huge LCD screen watching a SUPER BIG MOVIE SIZE Donnie in the season finale of everyone's favorite show. (As a side note, I did call my husband earlier in the day to make sure he taped this for me "just in case" I was distracted from watching). During commercial breaks, Donnie told cute anecdotes and made jokes during the show....  About half way through the show, he said he wanted to sit on his VIP couch with someone to watch the rest of the show and were there any volunteers?

At this moment, the seas parted.....  angels began to sing...  and I raised my foam finger emblazoned with I Heart Donnie in glitter glue only to hear, "You with the hand!" as he pointed to little old me.  Me?  Me?  You want to sit with me? I'm not sure how I got up to the couch-- I believe I floated on a sparkling cloud.....  and before I knew it, I was sitting on this white couch with Donnie Wahlberg.  I think he picked another fan too. I don't know.  That part is inconsequential.

GF#1 and #2 anxiously asked me what happened and what we discussed when I finally descended from my throne.  I told them everything.  How he offered me Grey Goose and Cranberry (his drink of choice when its not Red Bull) or something to eat, perhaps some of his guacamole  and tortilla chips?  I declined both telling him he'd already given me more than I could ask for-- insert kiss #1 on my neck.  He's a messy little eater and I needed to help place the napkin on his lap.  I held his microphone and he put his arm around me.  I patiently waited for a commercial to talk to him and pretended to watch the show while playing out a conversation in my head.  I told him thank you-- thank you for all that you do, for all he gives and that he goes above and beyond-- insert kiss #2 on my neck as he whispered thank you into my ear. *sigh*

Bahama Mama did me wrong that night as she fully kicked in when I was on the couch, but that gave me to courage to chit chat.  I asked him when he sleeps--- because honestly, I don't think the man ever sleeps.  He smiled and said, "On the plane." He was off for more food and once again offered me a cocktail.....  Sadly all good things come to an end. The credits rolled and my moment was over.  I thanked him again-- got one of those huge Donnie bear hugs which he is so famous for- insert kiss on the check and kiss #3 on my neck. He smelled just as amazing as always--- I believe I've said it before, his scent must be close to that of God's.......

I was full on drunk from those 2.5 Bahama Mamas by the time the Lido Deck party started.  The guys were dressed in togas.  See through togas and it was very, very windy that night.  At this time, I would like to thank those girls who were close enough to get pictures of what happened when the wind blew.  I partied hard with the crew and beat back the beat with my foam finger while trying to unsuccessfully pimp out GF#1. Ugh, again, this is why I shouldn't drink hard alcohol. I staggered back to the room sometime in the wee hours with #2.  Again, we lost #1 early on....  it was ok though.  I was on a high.  Nothing was going to top this right? What else could possibly happen with Donnie?  But, I was on The Destiny and there was more in store for me........

No comments:

Post a Comment