Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cruise 2011: Day 1 (80's Night)

In order to be a REAL NKOTB fan, you have to accept the fact you will be standing in lines.  Long-ass lines which go on for miles and last for hours.  Although the Doorman of the hotel asked if we were with the cruise, and was about to put us in the same van as the guys and their crew, GF#1 and #2 convinced me it was "wrong" to hop in the van.  I should mention here that all the New Kids stayed at our hotel and I didn't once go banging on every door of the hotel to find Donnie.  I believe I should be applauded on my responsible and civil behavior.  But I digress....  The three of us hopped into a cab and off we went to the Port of Miami to board the Destiny.  Upon arrival we encountered the first of many of those lines.....  but admittedly we were highly entertained at the sights, um, er, fans....

Once inside, I found myself trying to get past the lines faster by attempting to flirt with Johnny, Donnie's seemingly useless assistant (I never did figure out what he did- what I do know is he never came through with his promise once he saw our cabin door.  A promise to fulfill Operation Get D-Dub in here.). I was unsuccessful but we passed the time texting and using the Internet before it was gone from us for 5 days.  Although I was excited, the excitement STILL had not hit me.  I was just not feeling it and began to get anxious.  Why wasn't I excited like I was last year?  I had my girls with me and we were meeting up with more but yet, something still wasn't there.

At 5:00, a horn sounded and as we pulled out of port, the DJ got louder and I heard a voice.  A magical voice. A smooth sexy voice asking me (well 2500 of us) if we were ready to party.  Then, dressed all in white like an angel he appeared---- DONNIE. It was then the excitement began and I realized what was missing.  We danced and danced as the boat pulled out of port knowing this was just the beginning of a long night.

It was 80's night and the guys were doing their version of Nickelodeon's Double Dare.  We were grouped in the later show, purposely, because we knew the guys would be drunk.  And for any past cruisers, we all know how fun Drunk Jon is....  Drunk Joe being a close second....  but for my first time, I saw Drunk Donnie.  My love grew even more as my heart doubled in size.  Once the game show started, hilarity ensued and I believe the phrase "hash tag justsayin" had earned its spot as the inside joke for the rest of the cruise.

The was so much to take in and I laughed harder than I had in a long time....  For me, two moments stand out.  First, when asked the question "What is the Pleasure Pit?" Jon knew the answer immediately.  Second, was one of the physical challenges.  Watching Donnie suck M&M's through a straw does something to a girl.  Funny line here?  Jordan Knight, "Let Jon do it. He can suck a watermelon through a hose."  Even funnier line? Jon Knight, "Do you get extra points if you suck one with a nut?" But the best line, Donnie Wahlberg, "I'm a little shocked at how good I was at sucking on the straw." (insert gay innuendo at Jon here).

Although our sides hurt from laughing so hard, we ran to the Lido Deck where we knew the real party was going to start.  The DJ pumped up 80's music and we danced in anticipation of our boys arrival to the party.  They were dressed in original costumes from the Hangin' Tough tour-- complete with ripped jeans.  This came in handy because as assisted in passing Donnie through the crowd as he body surfed, I was able to stick my hands in the holes and grab his butt.  Then rub it.  I didn't think anything was going to compare to that moment but little did I know what was in store....  We lost GF#1 early on but #2 and I danced into the wee hours singing along to "Lucky Star" and "Sweet Child o'Mine" before stumbling back to our room at 4 am........

No comments:

Post a Comment