Monday, September 27, 2010

Pet Peeves

I couldn't resist.  So many of my pet peeves have been violated today that I just needed to vent about them.  It's an act of self indulgence but I don't give a fuck.  This shit really pisses me off.  These are really in no particular order and I'll try to limit them.  Seeing that I believe I'm perfect 99% of the time, I have a lot of complaints.

1. Holding the Door: Nothing incenses me more than a person who does not hold the door for you either because they a) don't see if someone is behind them or b) they see you but don't give a shit.  How long could it possible take out of your super important day to hold to door on your way into work?  Are you in that much of a hurry that the 2.4 seconds it may take could cut into your time of getting coffee, checking email and gossiping when you get the to office.  This holds true for elevator doors.

2. The Nude Nylon Nightmare: if you are under the age of 50, there is absolutely no excuse for you to own a pair of nude/flesh colored nylons.  in conjunction with this rule, nylons should NEVER be worn with open toe shoes of any kind.  If you can't brave the cold on your toes, then don't wear the shoes because well, you look silly.  The only exception to this, black fishnets with a peep toe and perfectly painted red toes-- a la 1940.

3. Red Sox fans:  They are too ignorant to give credence too.  I have many friends who are fans but having grown up a Yankees girl, my tolerance is low for any team that chants "Yankees Suck" no matter WHO they are playing on any given day. I love Boston, but I hate Massholes.

4.Don't Say "If you need anything, call me" if you don't mean it:  This is the ultimate in being put on the "all set" list with me (more on that list in a future blog).  I don't expect a great deal from my friends/family.  Essentially, I follow the Christian thinking of do unto others.  When my friends or family need something from me, I'm there for them.  I wish I could say the same.  Again, I've written about this here before and I've been forced to cleanse my circle of those who are too selfish to give a shit about anyone else but themselves and their drama. 

5. Ignorance:  If I hear "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" one more time, I may possibly punch someone in the face.  It's hard, but I accept there are people out there who don't approve of being gay.  I don't agree with them but they are entitled to their opinion as long as they don't present it as douche bags.  I don't throw my politics in your face, so please do not throw yours in mine.

6. Being too opinionated: Yes, there really is such a thing.  I know that I'm opinionated but I was raised right...  I say that shit behind your back and not to your face so I won't hurt your feelings.  My only example is once being told by a "friend" that if I was going to have an elective C-Section, what was the point of having a baby.  What?  Did I hear you right????  Yes, that's what she said.  Apparently you get more points for having a baby vaginally.  The most points you can attain is having a baby vaginally without any drugs whatsoever. To those women I salute you but I'm pretty happy to say I have no idea what labor feels like and my vajayjay never needed stitches and is the same size.  Hmmmm.....  what would you choose?

7. Jealousy: This is a pretty big one because I seem to face this consistently.  It's not a "is she prettier" type jealousy. There are those in my life, not by choice, who feel as though they have every right to spread lies about my husband, my marriage and my personal life. Sure, we are all jealous by nature but there is a fine line between being jealous and being jealous and wishing ill will on someone.  Clearly, the only reason for this is jealousy otherwise, why tell people I posted on Facebook that my marriage was in trouble?  It's a blatant lie and forced me to re-evaluate my privacy settings.  I've made my point with these people.  They know it too. Don't fuck with me.

8. Football:  I hate it's existence.  I don't understand it and it needs to go.  ....and that's all I have to say about that.

9.Self Righteous Italians: The Sopranos was a TV show and it was accurate.  The Jersey Shore is a reality show and accurate.  Get over yourself people.  This is the majority of Italians.  Whether you like it or not, this is who we ALL are deep down inside. I have a secret love of animal print, fur and all things that bling.  I'm Italian.  These shows don't make Italians look bad.  Italians make Italians look bad.  Being Italian is so much more than what you see on TV but the good parts aren't going to generate ratings people....  As my dad always said, there are two types of Italians: those who are and those who want to be.  So true.


10. "Just relax":  I hear this EVERY day in my life.  I'm type A personality prone to panic attacks.  This is not good advice.  Actually, it just makes me want to hurt you so don't say it to me.   This was especially awful advice when we were trying to get pregnant (note to readers- never share you are trying to get pregnant with anyone).  Relaxing wasn't going to help with the fertility issues.  Asshats.

Hmmmmm....  I'm sure there will be more at a later date but enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment