Monday, June 6, 2011

Cruise 2011: Day 5 (Coming Home)

Three girls with a dream set off on an adventure......  as with most good things, this adventure had come to an end.  The Carnival Destiny had docked in Miami and it was time to go home. So sad.  We filled up on breakfast and caught up on email because we finally had working internet service then we parted ways once outside the port.  GF#2 was off to Miami International Airport and #1 and I were off to Ft. Lauderdale. All I can think about is how much I hate to fly.....  The anticipation was horrible as usual but I sat and reflected back on all those "shared moments" between Donnie and me.  I came to the conclusion that the name of the ship was the Destiny for a reason. We'll be together again, I just know it. We have more moments to share....

While waiting in the airport terminal, we ended up chatting with the dad of one of the New Kids.  Turns out he's on our flight. I met him last year and we chatted but this year, we ended up sitting with him on the flight. We talked about this and that....  He shared some fun anecdotes about the old days when they started out.   Without him knowing it, he created more of a personal relationship between us and the guys.  I knew things about them which weren't particularly sacred but tidbits of information that made them more real to us.

He asked us if we had tickets to any of the upcoming shows with the Backstreet Boys.  GF#1 is very blunt....  without missing a beat she said, "No, we hate the Backstreet Boys." Inside I went *ugh* but on the outside I laughed when I saw he found the humor in it. Maybe we should reconsider?  Maybe we should go to the concert?  Hmmmmm....

As we parted ways with him at the airport, we exchanged information and decided that if we did go to see a concert, we'd let him know and meet up again. Did this really happen? Did we just make friends with one of the dads?  Only GF#1 and I.....  Meanwhile, at an airport an hour away, GF#2 was flying home with Jon and Jordan Knight only six rows in front of her on the plane.    Really?????  I can't believe how we ended up in these situations....  are they all coincidental?  I don't know. 

What I do know is this: It was all Destiny.

PS- The three of us ended up going to a NKOTBSB concert.  It was truly amazing.  Did we meet up with the dad?  Hell yeah.  No, we didn't go backstage.  I'll admit, sure it was in the back of our heads but at the same time, having these moments--- one on one mean more than a photo op.

No comments:

Post a Comment